|Soe Myat Thuzar the Princess of Ads.|
In April 2008 she was taken in for a long and torturous interrogation in Rangoon by Burma Police’s Special Narcotic Squad officers. There in an interrogation room inside Rangoon-East Narcotic offices she eventually confessed of her serious Yaba addiction to two police officers, one was the most senior female officer.
Following is the translated original transcript of her confession to the narcotic-suppression police on April 30, 2008. The transcript was leaked on a Face Book account of a former senior Burmese army officer who was abruptly dismissed recently from the army after the top brass discovered he was a closet-Muslim holding a hidden hatred against Burmese Buddhists.
The seriously disgruntled ex-officer (under the disguise of pseudonym Moe Zay Nyein) is now regularly leaking on Internet everything and anything bad of Burma’s establishment he had in files when he was in uniform and holding a commanding position in Burma’s Domestic Security Apparatus before he was fired.
|Soe Myat Thuzar's original confession in Burmese complete with her mug shots.|
Yangon City-East Special Narcotics Taskforce’s Interrogation
1. Name: Soe Myat Thu Zar (a) Ma Soe
Summarised Personal History
16. I am a Rangoon native and the eldest of four siblings. I finished my Kindergarten to Grade-4 at Kha-la-ya (6) battalion primary school, Grade-5 at Mhawbi Army Middle School, Grade-6 to Grade-10 at Tavoy’s State-High-School No-1, and studied till my last year at the Distant University (Rangoon). I became a movie actress in 1989. In 2000 I got married to U Myo Min (son of U Chit Ko) who lives in the city of Salem in the State of California in USA. My husband then was working as an accountant for ABERY Company and he also had restaurant business there. We first lived in Salem City for about three years. We then moved to Los Angeles and opened a Malaysian restaurant there. My husband’s families were living in Las Vegas City. We also had another restaurant there.
17. After I got married to Ko Myo Min I came back to Burma first time in May 2003 and second time in September 2005 to attend my kid sister Soe Myat Nan Dar’s wedding. That time I’d stayed about four months here and then went back to the United States. I stayed only two weeks there in America and came back home just before Thingyan Water Festivals in April 2006. From 2006 to 2008 I travelled back and forth between US and Burma at least four times. I finally came back here for good on March 22, 2008. Out of all my trips my husband came along only twice on September-2005 and September-2006 trips. Whenever I came back home I always stayed with my parents at their Rangoon 9-miles house.
Summarised Yaba-usage History
Yaba connection between me and Actor Dway (a) Thar Gyi
19. In February 2006 me and actress Myat Kathy Aung and actor Dway went to May-myo (Pyin Oo Lwin) to film a movie there. During the filming we asked Dway for some Yaba as we’d already known he was a Yaba user and addict. He gave us some and also prepared the pills for us to use them together with him. After that trip whenever we wanted Yaba we just went to his place. Even for my use at home he gave me the pills at his cost price with no profit for him. From him a Yaba pill would cost me from 2,000 to 3,500 kyats only.
My Yaba connection with Phyo Thu Thu Win (a) Ma Phyo through Dway
Finally I got Yaba pills through my kid sister and actress Soe Myat Ka Lhyar
The packet of Yaba pills I took along with me to Kyaik-htee-yoe filming
Getting Yaba pills from Aung Zaw Ye Myint (son of Lt. General Ye Myint)
Movie Industry people who are using WY brand Yaba pills
24. As far as I know following people from our movie circle are using Yaba.
(a) Min Maw Gun (Actor)
(a) Nawarat (Actress)
(a) Myo Kyaut Myaing
Interrogatee – Ma Soe Myat Thu Zar
Interrogator (1) Ye-Mhu Daw Than Aye – Narcotics Suppression Police
Burma’s Famous Yaba Addicts (1): What is Yaba?